Brewpublic.com and Saraveza Presents: My Beery Valentine, A Benefit for Haiti Relief Efforts
In pursuit of interesting and imaginative beer styles, Brewpublic and Saraveza have again coordinated a one-of-a-kind line-up of specialty brews. This time it is a killer tap list for Valentine's/Zwickelmania Weekend. "MY BEER VALENTINE" will showcase some never before experienced draughts of chocolate and fruit beers as well as some of Oregon's best hoppy brews. MY BEERY VALENTINE expresses the love and passion for dynamic brews and is designed with the true beer geek in mind. This event is also a benefit for Mercy Corps’ Haiti Relief Efforts. Local organic chocolates from Equal Exchange as well as handmade treats will be available to pair with these mouthwatering beers.
Highlights from this event will include the following beers:
- Upright Four Play: a tempting tart cherry wheat Saison aged in Pinot Noir casks.
- Cascade Raspberry/Noyeau blend: a confluence of barrel-aged rarities matured in brandy liqueur casks employing hand-pitted apricot kernels.
- Block-15 Love Potion No. 9: a chocolate raspberry oatmeal stout conditioned with fresh roasted cocoa nibs and locally grown Oregon raspberries.
- New Old Lompoc Bourbon Barrel fermented Cherry Stout: a big and bold one-off beer meshing deep, roasted chocolaty malts with sweet cherries. Barrel-fermentation provides a distinct complexity.
- Vertigo Razz Wheat: an unfiltered American wheat ale eschews syrup for over twelve pounds of real raspberries per barrel — yielding a beer with a delightful blend of light, refreshing flavors.
Other specialty beers will be present from Oregon craft breweries such as Double Mountain, Fort George, Widmer Bros, Oakshire, and more…
When: Saturday and Sunday February 13 and 14, 2010 Where: Saraveza Bottle Shop & Pasty Tavern, 1004 N. Killingsworth, Portland, Oregon Other Details: Admission is free, proceeds benefit Mercy Corps Haitian relief efforts. For more information: http://brewpublic.com http://saraveza.com http://www.mercycorps.org/haiti
|Previous PostFermented Photo: Jubel 2010, Deschutes Brewery||Next Post:Lompoc Brewing's Batch 69 Baltic porter|