Thirsty Cyclists Tour Portland for a Doggone Good Time
The dog days of summer aren’t over yet! On September 11, 2010, starting at 10 a.m., hundreds of cyclists will take to the streets of Portland to ride in the third annual Tour de Lab, a bicycle tour of the four local Lucky Lab brewpubs, in support of the DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital. It’s sure to be the perfect combination of Portland favorites: bikes, beers and four-legged friends.
- Riders can choose from two route options: an 18-mile “Puppy” course (visits three pubs) or a 30-mile “Big Dog” Hill Climb Challenge (visits four pubs).
- Riders will earn their dog gear (collar, nose) at rest stops and enjoy human treats as they make their way to the finish line festival - the Dog Park at Lucky Lab Northwest.
- All-you-can-eat hot dog bar at the finish line.
- Commemorative Tour de Lab etched pint glass and a complimentary pint of Lucky Lab’s handcrafted ale for all participants.
- Gigantic “Best in Show” costume contest will award prizes for the best costumes in the categories of “dogs” and “things that dogs chase.”
- Discounted online registration before September 10 is only $35
- Registration fee for children is only $10
- Riders may register on site the day of the event
- Registration and ride details at TourDeLab.com
- Contact: 503.459.4508 (for the general public)
ABOUT DOVELEWIS Tour de Lab is a benefit for the DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital, Portland’s only non-profit emergency animal hospital open 24 hours per day and 365 days per year. DoveLewis partners with the area’s leading veterinarians to provide critical care, education and community outreach. More information: DoveLewis.com
|Previous PostImperial Birthday Beer Week||Next Post:Hopworks Urban Brewery Beers Land In Seattle and B.C.|