Join us in honoring the Bens of brewing at the first annual Benfest!
Brewpublic and Portland Beer & Music bring you the first annual BenFest to be held at Grain & Gristle on Monday July 25, 2011. It is a celebration of brewers named Ben and their amazing contributions to craft beer. The original inspiration for the event was a photo taken by Angelo De Ieso of Brewpublic at the Cheers to Belgian Beers dart throw. The photo later known as, “The Stack of Bens,” aided in the realization of how many brewers named Ben are in and around Portland. One Ben has even joined the club since that photo was taken. Each Ben brewer has either brewed a special beer for Ben Fest or will be debuting a beer. A few brewers have decided to brew beers in the Bens’ honor.
Besides the beer, you will be able to enjoy food from Grain & Gristle co-founder and chef, Ben Meyer. Besides the regular menu, the Twofer will be available during BenFest, a meal meant to split with your date, best friend or one of the Bens.
- Ben Engler of Occidental Brewing: Ben-Alt-imate, a German style Alt bier
- Ben Dobler of Widmer Bros. Brewing: Friends with Benefits, Aged Russian Imperial Stout with black Benberries
- Ben Edmunds of Breakside Brewing: Peach HefeweissBen, unfiltered wheat beer with peaches
- Ben Flerchinger of Lucky Lab Beer Hall: Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cold Cream Ale, in collaboration with Jerry Fechter, Lompoc Brewing Owner,
- Ben Love of Hopworks Urban Brewery: BourBen De Ieso Spades, Bourbon barrel aged Ace of Spades
- Bens of Alaskan: TBA
- Ben Johnson of Midnight Sun Brewing and Ben Millstein of Kodiak Island Brewing: Midnight Benshine, Black Imperial Steam Beer, aged on oak with bretanomyces.
Celebrating Bens beer:
|Previous PostLOLA Presents - A Celebration of Women in Beer||Next Post:Fermented Photo: BenFest Outtake|