The 2011 Tacoma Film Festival
For those reading from Washington, be sure to check out the 2011 Tacoma Film Festival. Hell, as long as you don't miss my opening night at Gigantic Gallery, head up there from Portland as well! We already know you have great beer up there, so take the time to mix in some film culture and check out the Tacoma Film Festival. Don't take my word for it, head over to the site and check out the movie list and trailers. I'm taking the weekend off of beer-related work to increase my beer-related play and check out the festival. From the official press release:
Tacoma, WA – Over a hundred independent films, both local and international, will be showcased at the 2011 Tacoma Film Festival that runs October 6-13, 2011.
Heading into the seventh year of existence, the Tacoma Film Festival has the best line-up of films to date – check out the schedule www.TacomaFilmFestival.com. There is a movie for everyone – from family flicks to documentaries, foreign films to animation and an entire two days dedicated to our Pacific Northwest local films.
You can buy your All Access Festival Pass right now for only $110 (regular price $125 after Sept. 15) or your Weekend Festival pass for only $40 (regular price $50 after Sept. 15). For more information call 253-572-6062 or visit www.TacomaFilmFestival.com.
Great things happening @ the 2011 Tacoma Film Festival:
- Opening Night Thursday, October 6: start the festival off with a delicious Gala at 6:30 p.m. at the Annie Wright School, located at 827 N. Tacoma Ave. All in attendance will receive hearty appetizers provided by Jonz Catering and a viewing of the Opening Night movie selection, Natural Selection, starring Saturday Night Live’s Rachael Harris.
- Friday Night Film Presentation of Young Goethe in Love (playing at the Blue Mouse)
- After Hours Parties all weekend @ Doyle’s Public House and Farrelli’s Pizza on 6th
- FREE Saturday Morning Filmmakers Workshop presented by Warren Etheredge
- Filmmakers in attendance all weekend long (check schedule for those films www.TacomaFIlmFestival.com)
- Sunday Awards Celebration, October 9: Awards will be given out for Best Feature, Best Documentary, Best Short, Audience Choice, Best Animated and Best Regional film starting at 3:00 p.m. @ the Pacific Grill Events Center (1530 Pacific Ave.). Yes – food is included!
- Sunday Night Festival Highlight Presentation of the hilarious comedy, Losing Control and meet director Valerie Weiss.
- Closing Night Thursday, October 13: all good things must come to an end, but not before the must see Closing Night film, The Off Hours playing at the Grand Cinema. The film will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a post film discussion with filmmaker, Megan Griffiths and evening treats.
|Previous PostLolatoberfest Release Party at the Lucky Lab||Next Post:Tonight's Tap It Tuesday at Cascade Brewing Barrel House|