Christmakuh at The Hop and Vine
Great beer and a great cause: this Thursday night, 5p-8p at the Hop & Vine. Check out the official press release:
Celebrate the Holidays and *Christmakuh with Sierra Nevada and The Hop & Vine this December 15th with a unique opportunity to taste a vast array of unique beers to benefit a good cause. The Hop & Vine and Sierra Nevada representatives will have 8 special limited beers on draft and a free Ovila chalice when you bring a new toy for the Portland Metro Toy Drive.
The entrance fee is one non-perishable food item or $1 to get in going towards the Oregon Food Bank in this time of need. The incredible lineup of brews on tap include many seasonals and rarities including offerings from SN's Beer Camp line of beers and the complete Trappist collaboration Ovila series of 4 beers available in a flight for only $7.
- Life & Limb: The brainchild of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. and Dogfish Head Craft Brewery. Life & Limb is a 10% ABV strong, dark beer that defies style characteristics- brewed with pure maple syrup from the Calagione family farm in Massachusetts and estate barley grown on the Grossman "farm" at the brewery in Chico, CA. The beer is alive with yeast-a blend of both breweries' house strains-bottle conditioned for added complexity and shelf life, and naturally carbonated with birch syrup fresh from Alaska.
- Foam Pilsner: Foam is a German-style Pilsner, light bodied and easy drinking, yet loaded With flavor. Brewed With a miX of European and American malts, balanced by a spicy, and herbal hop kick. Brewed in honor of Phish, Foam is a crisp and refreshing traditional pale gold lager beer. In the Words of Phish-‘Tfn looking through, And it all would be, So crystal clear, If it Wasn’t for the foam.” Great music, great beer, and good times.
- Celebration: The long, cold nights of winter are a little brighter with Celebration® Ale. Wonderfully robust and rich, Celebration® Ale is dry-hopped for a lively, intense aroma. Brewed especially for the holidays, it is perfect for a festive gathering or for a quiet evening at home.
- Black Hop Rising: This unusual beer ís an anomaly-a rowdy blend of beer styles old and new It has the clean medium-bodied smoothness of a classic German black lager (Schwarz bier) and the aggressive resíny-bold hop flavors of an American black IPA. Black Hop Rising features a silky body With hints of black coffee maltiness, contrasted by intense grapefruit, pine, and tropical fruit Ílavors from the heavy-handed dose of Simcoe, Citra, and Crystal hops.
- Blackaliscious (aka Snowed in Stout): Base Camp beer #45 is an Imperial Oatmeal Stout. No other details available.
- Ovila: Dubbel: Brewed in the abbey tradition, and perfect for the re-birth of spring. Clear and deep copper in color, this Abbey Dubbel has a complex and rich malty sweetness with hints of caramelized sugar. The aroma is a heady and layered mix of fruit and spice, with hints of clove, raisin, and black pepper from the use of an abbey style yeast
- Ovila: Saison: For centuries, the monastic tradition has followed the Rule of St. Benedict – Ora et Labora (prayer and work.) This Saison farmhouse ale is in honor of the noble labor in which the monks engage. Hazy blonde in color, these rustic ales are designed to be complex and contemplative but also refreshing and drinkable after a day in the fields. With earthy and spicy faint citrus tang. The body is light and layered with fruit and spice accents and dry, peppery, and refreshing finish.
- Ovila: Quad: As winter approaches, anticipation begins for Christmas. This full and sultry ale is sure to warm the soul and welcome the season. This silky ale is rich, mahogany brown in color with a velvety malt aroma, spiked with hints of dried cherry, fig, raisin, and plum notes. A full and creamy body offers layers of flavor including a perfume-like maltiness. Rich and warming, this complex ale should be shared among friends in the true spirit of the season.
|Previous PostBrewing Up Cocktails Returns: Winter Holiday Special Edition||Next Post:Skookumchuck, Skookumchuck, Skookumchuck!|