Portland Beer Week Spills into Ten Days
PDX Beer Week June 7th-17th, 2012
This year, PDX Beer Week brings us: special beer releases and beer release events, mini-festivals, special speakers and panels, seminars, meet the brewer events, blending symposiums, brewers dinners, and on and on! Seriously: on and on. There's actually so much going on for the second annual Portland Beer Week that it's busting at the seams and spilling out into the surrounding weeks. Check out the full list at their website: pdxbeerweek.com. There are currently 32 events listed on the PDX Beer Week website, too many for me to list here or put on our calendar, so make sure that their site is your resource for all of the events.
I surely can't go to all of the events, so I've made a list of some of the events that I'm going to try like hell to attend. See you out there!
- Rye Beer Festival—Friday, June 8th, 4PM-10PM—I. Love. Rye. Beer. With flavors of spice, grain, and pumpernickel, these beers can be truly unique.
- Fruit Beer Festival—Saturday & Sunday, June 9th & 10th—Fruit and beer. There are a lot of experimental beers at this festival, beers that you may never see anywhere else. With about 25 fruit beers on tap and a soon-to-be-announced rare rotating taplist, don't miss this event! Stay tuned for a preview from us before the festival opens.
- New Belgium Sour Blending Symposium—Monday, June 11th, 2PM—Blends are delicate art. Learn about the techniques and nuances from the masters themselves with hands-on blending workshop. This is a great opportunity and a rare chance to get your hands dirty while blending with the pros. There are two sessions for this event and one is already sold out: act fast!
- Firestone Walker Dinner—Tuesday, June 12th, 6:30PM—Firestone Walker makes some amazing beers, especially in their reserve series. Find some delicious and rare beers paired with food at this brewers dinner. A good rule of thumb is that if the words Firestone Walker are stamped on a product or event, you're in for a delicious, beer-flavored treat.
- Barrel Aged Beer Seminar—Wednesday, June 13th, 6:00PM-9:00PM—I went to this last year and it was one of my favorite events. Beer tasting and a panel of barrel pros on hand make this a great, casual event. Talk to the brewers, fire off questions, or just sit back and sip some barrel aged beers.
- Belmont Station Anniversary Party—Friday, June 15th, 5:00PM-8:00PM—Mix a great Portland bottleshop with special beers from Block 15 and you'll end up with an event not-to-be-missed. Like Firestone Walker, if you see the name Block 15, put it on your calendar.
- Portland Beer and Cheese Fest—Sunday, June 17th, 1:00PM-6:00PM—Beer pairs nicely with cheese. Up the game by pairing up the great Commons Brewery with the cheesemaster Steve Jones from the Cheese Bar and you'll get 10 fantastic beer and cheese pairings.
|Previous PostSecond Annual Amnesia Single Hop Fest||Next Post:2012 Portland Fruit Beer Festival's Rare and Rotating Taplist Announced|